This is the Linux app named yq whose latest release can be downloaded as yq_windows_386.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named yq with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
yq is a portable and lightweight command-line YAML processor. It can be likened to projects like jq (a command-line JSON processor) or sed but for YAML files. yq is able to do quite a number of things. It can deep read a YAML file with a given path expression, deeply compare YAML files, update a YAML file given a path expression or script file, and so much more. It can also merge several YAML files while offering plenty of options for overriding and appending.
yq is written in portable Go, allowing you to download a binary that's free of dependencies.
- Written in portable Go
- Output colorization
- YAML file deep reading with a given path expression
- List matching paths of a given path expression
- Returning the lengths of arrays/object/scalars
- YAML file updating with a path expression or script file
- Creates any missing entries in the path on the fly
- Deeply compares YAML files
- Retains YAML formatting and comments during updates
- Validates YAML files
- Creates YAML file with a deep path and value or a script file
- Prefixes a path to a YAML file
- JSON to/from YAML conversion
- Pipe data in by using '-'
- Merge several YAML files with various options for overriding and appending
- Supports multiple documents in a single YAML file for reading, writing and merging
- General shell completion scripts (bash/zsh/fish/powershell)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/yq-yq.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.