This is the Windows app named 8-Tiles whose latest release can be downloaded as 8-Tilesinstall.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named 8-Tiles with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
The 8-tiles project is to study, play and analyze the 8-tiles problem. Currently, it runs in 2 algorithms, Breadth First Search and Depth First Search. Even if you don't like the current implementation of one of algorithms, you can easily modify it, change it, or even implement and your new preferred algorithms using the game elements. Adding new algorithm will cost you changing about 2 or 3 lines besides your own implementation. Not only run the algorithm, but the interface helps you to show the number of nodes explored by the algorithm and the number of steps it takes to solve the game. You can start from a random solvable state or navigate to a state yourself. The interface animates the actions of solving the state and you can change the delay between each action to be able to track, analyze and learn.
Information Technology, Developers, Engineering
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/eight-tiles/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.