This is the Windows app named Amazon EC2 Spot Interrupter whose latest release can be downloaded as v0.0.10.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Amazon EC2 Spot Interrupter with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Amazon EC2 Spot Interrupter
Amazon EC2 Spot Instances let you run flexible, fault-tolerant, or stateless applications in the AWS Cloud at up to a 90% discount from On-Demand prices. Spot instances are regular EC2 capacity that can be reclaimed by AWS with a 2-minute notification called the Interruption Notification. Applications that are able to gracefully handle this notification and respond by check pointing or draining work can leverage Spot for deeply discounted compute resources! In addition to Interruption Notifications, Rebalance Recommendation Events are sent to spot instances that are at higher risk of being interrupted. Handling Rebalance Recommendations can potentially give your application even more time to gracefully shutdown than the 2 minutes an Interruption Notification would give you. It can be challenging to test your application's handling of Spot Interruption Notifications and Rebalance Recommendations.
- Supports sending real Spot Interruptions and Rebalance Recommendations to your spot instances
- You can test how your application responds
- Wraps FIS and allows you to simply pass a list of instance IDs
- Try the interactive TUI mode
- Use the regular CLI options
- This project is licensed under the Apache-2.0 License
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/amazon-ec2-interrupter.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.