This is the Windows app named ANTLR whose latest release can be downloaded as 4.13.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ANTLR with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
ANTLR (ANother Tool for Language Recognition) is a powerful parser generator for reading, processing, executing, or translating structured text or binary files. It's widely used to build languages, tools, and frameworks. From a grammar, ANTLR generates a parser that can build and walk parse trees. It’s widely used in academia and industry to build all sorts of languages, tools, and frameworks. Twitter search uses ANTLR for query parsing, with over 2 billion queries a day. The languages for Hive and Pig, the data warehouse and analysis systems for Hadoop, both use ANTLR. Lex Machina uses ANTLR for information extraction from legal texts. Oracle uses ANTLR within SQL Developer IDE and their migration tools. NetBeans IDE parses C++ with ANTLR. The HQL language in the Hibernate object-relational mapping framework is built with ANTLR.
- ANTLR is an exceptionally powerful and flexible tool for parsing formal languages
- From a formal language description called a grammar, ANTLR generates a parser for that language that can automatically build parse trees
- ANTLR also automatically generates tree walkers that you can use to visit the nodes of those trees to execute application-specific code
- Easy to understand, powerful, flexible, generates human-readable output, comes with complete source under the BSD license
- A tool that translates your grammar to a parser/lexer in Java (or other target language) and the runtime needed by the generated parsers/lexers
- The lexicon of ANTLR is familiar to most programmers because it follows the syntax of C and its derivatives with some extensions for grammatical descriptions
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/antlr.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.