This is the Windows app named Appium whose latest release can be downloaded as @firstname.lastname@example.org. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Appium with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Appium is an open source test automation framework for use with native, hybrid and mobile web apps. It drives iOS, Android, and Windows apps using the WebDriver protocol. Is native app automation missing from your tool belt? Problem solved. Appium is built on the idea that testing native apps shouldn't require including an SDK or recompiling your app. And that you should be able to use your preferred test practices, frameworks, and tools. Appium is an open source project and has made design and tool decisions to encourage a vibrant contributing community. Appium aims to automate any mobile app from any language and any test framework, with full access to back-end APIs and DBs from test code. Write tests with your favorite dev tools using all the above programming languages, and probably more (with the Selenium WebDriver API and language-specific client libraries).
- Automate native, mobile web, and hybrid applications on iOS mobile, Android mobile, and Windows desktop platforms
- Appium is "cross-platform": it allows you to write tests against multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Windows), using the same API.
- It enables code reuse between iOS, Android, and Windows testsuites
- You shouldn't have to recompile your app or modify it in any way in order to automate it
- You shouldn't be locked into a specific language or framework to write and run your tests
- A mobile automation framework shouldn't reinvent the wheel when it comes to automation APIs
- Appium is a server written in Node.js. It can be built and installed from source or installed directly from NPM
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/appium.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.