This is the Windows app named Atom whose latest release can be downloaded as 1.58.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Atom with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Atom is a text editor that's modern, approachable and full-featured. It's also easily customizable- you can customize it to do anything and be able to use it productively without ever touching a config file.
Atom is free to download and runs on Linux, OS X and Windows with support for plug-ins written in Node.js and embedded Git Control. It is based on Electron (formerly known as Atom Shell),a framework for building cross-platform apps using Chromium and Node.js.
- Cross-platform editing
- Built-in package manager
- Smart, flexible autocompletion
- File system browser enables opening multiple projects in one window
- Multiple panes
- Find and replace text as you type in a file or across all your projects
- Thousands of available packages to add new features and fuctionality
- Pre-installed UI and syntax themes
- Easy customization
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/atom.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.