This is the Windows app named Aural Probe whose latest release can be downloaded as AuralProbeSetup_151.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Aural Probe with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Aural Probe is a sample librarian tool for computer musicians/audio engineers. Automatically and non-destructively index your disorganised sample collection from a list of folders into categories (kick, snare, hihats etc.) based on folder/filename wildcard matches. Easily audition samples, load/save favourites, and drag-and-drop straight into your sequencer.
- Categorize your huge sample collections (20GB+) without moving a single file
- Create categories based on file/folder keyword matches (eg. Kick category = "bd", "kick", "bassdrum") or regular expressions
- Quickly audition through samples with arrow keys or mouse
- Filter samples by file type (WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP3, WMA, OGG)
- Full drag-and-drop support (simply drag a sample from Aural Probe into your sequencer/sampler, just like Windows Explorer)
- Mark favorites, filter by favorites, load/save favorite lists
- Automatic rescan and categorization of samples on changed categories or sample folder layout
- See details about highlighted sample in status bar
- 'Always on top' mode to make frequent dragging of samples into other windows easier
- Right-click a sample for frequently used shortcuts (Explore, Copy, Copy Shortcut, Favorite, Delete)
- 100% read-only - does not move/modify your samples, just indexes them
- Minimize to system tray
Developers, End Users/Desktop, Other Audience
.NET/Mono, Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/auralprobe/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.