This is the Windows app named AutoMySQLBackup whose latest release can be downloaded as automysqlbackup-v3.0_rc6.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named AutoMySQLBackup with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
AutoMySQLBackup with a basic configuration will create Daily, Weekly and Monthly backups of one or more of your MySQL databases from one or more of your MySQL servers.
Other Features include:
- Email notification of backups
- Backup Compression and Encryption
- Configurable backup rotation
- Incremental database backups
Time for a new maintainer.. I first created AutoMySQLBackup in 2002 and since then it's helped many thousands of admins keep their databases backed up.. I always had one basic requirement and that was that it should always be super simple to initially get working.. I would like to hand it over now to someone with the time and skill to keep it updated and take it further.. If you would like to take over the project please get in touch..
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/automysqlbackup/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.