This is the Windows app named Base16 Encoding Utility whose latest release can be downloaded as Base16_Install.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Base16 Encoding Utility with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Base16 Encoding Utility
Base16 Encoding Utility is a small but useful console application for MS Windows that allows you to convert your data using Base16 encoding and provides additional tools to manage the formatting of the hex dump output. Application input can be obtained from files, command line, keyboard or by redirecting output from another console application.
The Base16 algorithm provides encoding in such a way that each byte of data is split into two 4-bit values and represented by two hexadecimal digits.
Also, this utility can restore the original data from text containing a hex dump.
MS Windows with .NET Framework 4.0 installed.
- Encode data.
- Decode hex dumps.
- Read files, text input or redirected output from console apps.
- Write result to file or console window.
- Convert data to array declarations for common languages.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/base16/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.