This is the Windows app named Bash Shell Scripting in a Minute whose latest release can be downloaded as bash_scripts_version_1.0.tar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Bash Shell Scripting in a Minute with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Bash Shell Scripting in a Minute
Learn Bash Shell Scripting in a Minute using this Collection of Scripts, which are Real World Examples, ranging from a simple Date Based Theme to a Standalone Kiosk Type User Input Forms. The Learning is based on a "Observe and Understand Strategy", which means you run these scripts, observe their outputs, understand the script that generates them and learn the whole thing. These Scripts cover almost all the basics of bash shell scripting and summarizes them in the last script for user convenience. Also see this script : https://sourceforge.net/projects/automated-quiz and this script : https://sourceforge.net/projects/command-output-to-html-table/
1. You can use Free Programs like 7-zip to open and extract this tar file to your home folder, if your OS does not have a default application
2. Check Google for further inputs on any command usage or to achieve anything further
3. You may ignore errors caused by date command on your OS, due to difference in syntax
- If you are a Windows User, then you can download and install cygwin from : https://www.cygwin.com to run Shell Scripts. Note : No need to select anything special on the CYGWIN package selection screen, in its SETUP. Also, after setup is completed, include the Cygwin Binary directory (bin) in the PATH environment variable. Suppose that your Cygwin is installed in the directory "c:\cygwin64". From "Control Panel" ⇒ (Optional) System and Security ⇒ System ⇒ Advanced System Settings ⇒ "Advanced" tab ⇒ Environment Variables ⇒ System Variables ⇒ Select variable named "PATH" ⇒ Edit ⇒ Add "c:\cygwin64\bin;" in front of the existing PATH entry. Note that the semi-colon serves as the directory separator to separate Cygwin from the rest of directory paths. Now start Cygwin Terminal from Desktop and change directory to the zip extracted folder (Refer: https://superuser.com/questions/1286119/how-to-open-desktop-directory-from-cygwin) and execute the Shell script, as shown in my video.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/bash-shell-scripting-in-minute/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.