This is the Windows app named Bat2015 whose latest release can be downloaded as CBP-Verteilung-mit-GLPK-und-thrift.pdf. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Bat2015 with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
The toolkit glpk supports methods for mixed integer linear programming (MILP). These methods solve Capital Budgeting Problems (CBP). Unfortunately, glpk does not support any multithreading and there is no feature to distribute problems via network connections.
Today, this is a pitiable sight, because modern computer systems are coupled by networks and support multi threading. We create a distributed system with Apache thrift and the C-API of glpk. Now, it is possible to use as many cores in a network as you want. With a focus on the MILP methods we implement a load balancing and speed up the solving process in a multiplicative way. Sometimes we have super-linear speedup with a small set of hardware. With a splitting of problems, parallel computing and distributing the actual best solution to all running processes we solve CBP much faster than a sequential processing can do.
- capital budgeting problem
- distributed system
Unix Shell, C++
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/bat2015/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.