This is the Windows app named BDReader whose latest release can be downloaded as bdreader-1.04.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named BDReader with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
BDReader is intended to be a comfortable comics reader. As a main feature, BDReader includes an auto panels detection on comics pages. It allows you to display the panels (or squares) of a comic page individually, in the reading order. It also offers a Preview page option, allowing you to preview each page before reading into details the different panels of the page as well as a page thumbnails view.
BDReader supports classic comic book formats: CBR, CBZ, PDF (...) as well as images archives and image folders.
If you like reading comics on your computer and are fed up with zooming/dezooming all time to have the right reading size, give it a try !
For a quick try:
-Download and install BDReader
-Launch BDReader and Open a comic file (pdf, cbr, cbz ...)
-Switch to Panel mode (Navigation->Panel mode or press c)
-Navigate through your comic using the left and right arrows or your mouse wheel
See the Wiki for more information (any feedback appreciated)
- Supports PDF files, comics archives (CBR, CBZ, CBT, CBZ), image archives (RAR, ZIP, TAR, 7Z) as well as image folders
- Strip/continuous reading
- Individual panel(square) reading
- Auto panels detection
- Page preview (preview of the full page before showing the first panel of a page)
- Thumbnails view of the current page (full page view while reading individual panels/strips)
- Fullscreen mode
- The most comfortable comics reading
- No more zooming/de-zooming needed
- Export function available to take advantage of the panel detection and use any other reader to read the output (including on your smartphone)
- Windows and Linux
End Users/Desktop, Testers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/bdreader/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.