This is the Windows app named Biogenesis X Mod whose latest release can be downloaded as biogenesis_x_mod_v0.2.2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Biogenesis X Mod with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Biogenesis X Mod
This project is a modification of the original evolution simulation & artificial life project by Joan Queralt Molina: https://sourceforge.net/projects/biogenesis/
In both, the original project and this modification, 2-dimensional
organisms consisting of line segments interact with each other,
reproduce and evolve in time.
Compared to the original project, this modification explores the
* alternative mutation mechanisms
* an alternative stress-based aging mechanism
It is based on the new_design branch of Biogenesis (https://sourceforge.net/p/biogenesis/git/ci/new_design/tree/), its
source code can be obatained from
If you want to post a review, remember that this is only a modification, so comment on my changes, not on the simulation.
Biogenesis discussion forum:
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/biogenesisxmod/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.