This is the Windows app named Brook whose latest release can be downloaded as v20230404.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Brook with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Brook is a cross-platform strong encryption and not detectable proxy. Brook's goal is to keep it simple, stupid and not detectable. You can run commands after entering the command-line interface. Usually, everyone uses the command line interface on Linux servers. Of course, Linux also has desktops that can also run GUI. Of course, macOS and Windows also have command-line interfaces, but you may not use them frequently. Usually, the applications opened by double-clicking/clicking on macOS/Windows/iOS/Android are all GUIs. Usually, if you use Brook, you will need a combination of Server and Client, Of course Brook CLI also has many other independent functions. The Brook CLI file is an independent command file, it can be said that there is no concept of installation, just download this file to your computer, run it after granting it executable permissions in the command line interface.
- Brook CLI file has both server function and client function, Brook CLI file also has many other independent functions
- It is strongly recommended to use the ubuntu system and root user to run commands
- Each function of Brook requires only one command, no configuration is required
- Keep system up to date
- Brook GUI file is a graphical client, only has client function
- You can run commands after entering the command-line interface
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/brook.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.