This is the Windows app named pfeMAME whose latest release can be downloaded as distribution_source_v220.127.116.11z. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named pfeMAME with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
pfeMAME is a front end for the Multiple Arcade Game Emulator (MAME) written in (wx)Python. It is cross platform (tested on Linux - Ubuntu and Windows 7, 8, 10). It also includes a graphical Tile View designed for MAME cabinets which allows control using joystick / gamepad. pfeMAME was written by Gareth Finch and the development project started in 2014 . The goal was to create a MAME front end that was simple, as easy as possible to get into, and had some good documentation. It doesn't provide access to every single MAME option, but pretty much all of the relevant ones you will use from day-to-day.
You are free to distribute pfeMAME and modify its source as you wish, however pfeMAME is not to be sold or repackaged for commercial sale.
- Customisable game types / categories filter for display
- Slot configurations for systems
- Graphical image 'tile' view with joystick navigation - for dedicated MAME cabinets
- Bundled distributions available for Windows and Linux
- Python source code
- Manual included along with build instructions
- MAME frontend
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pfemame/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.