This is the Windows app named Cabot whose latest release can be downloaded as 0.11.6.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Cabot with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Cabot is a free, open-source, self-hosted infrastructure monitoring platform that provides some of the best features of PagerDuty, Server Density, Pingdom and Nagios without their cost and complexity. It provides a web interface that allows you to monitor services (e.g. "Stage Redis server", "Production ElasticSearch cluster") and send telephone, sms or hipchat/email alerts to your on-duty team if those services start misbehaving or go down - all without writing a line of code. Best of all, you can use data that you're already pushing to Graphite/statsd to generate alerts, rather than implementing and maintaining a whole new system of data collectors. We built Cabot as a Christmas project at Arachnys because we couldn't wrap our heads around Nagios, and nothing else out there seemed to fit our use case. We're open-sourcing it in the hope that others find it useful.
- Cabot is written in Python
- Uses Django, Bootstrap, Font Awesome
- You can alert based on metrics from Graphite
- You can alert based on status code and response content of web endpoints
- You can alert based on Jenkins build statuses
- It provides a web interface that allows you to monitor services
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cabot.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.