This is the Windows app named Customizable Instruction Set Simulator whose latest release can be downloaded as Custom-ISS_bin.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Customizable Instruction Set Simulator with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Customizable Instruction Set Simulator
Project implementing simulator of virtual CPU with additional tools.
Application written in C# 4, .Net Framework 4.0 , Visual Studio 2010
- IDE- like environment with MDI interface
- Customizable (plug- ins) architecture: instruction sets, directives, registers, additional MDI windows
- Own assembler using Intel syntax producing binary programs
- Simulation of i386- like CPU operating on multi- level cache and RAM
- Simulation of debugger and memory view
- Features of simple OS: scheduling, multi- tasking by context switching, memory management
Currently available version considered "initial".
Some of features were simplified or cut out (eg. plugins were statically built into project rather than loaded dynamically) to meet the deadline. Application provided in the version is functional and stable.
The project is planned to be developed further.
Information Technology, Science/Research, Advanced End Users, Developers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/custom-iss/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.