This is the Windows app named CVAssistant whose latest release can be downloaded as CVAssistant_3.1.0_windows_x86.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named CVAssistant with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
CV Assistant helps you create specialized resumes in Word .docx format fast and easy. The idea is to have a master resume with all skills and experiences in it. Then based on skills mentioned in the job advertisement, export a clean but well formatted word .docx file as a summarized resume with only relevant skills in it.
This increases your chance of getting a job interview as most companies are using Applicant Tracking Software (ATS) or at best hiring managers which may be unaware of similarity between phrases like skilled in MS Word, familiar with Microsoft Word and Fully experienced with office suites.
So job seekers need to create specialized resumes for each and every job position with the same wordings used in the advertisement. Add all your skills to CV Assistant, pick only relevant ones.
It also creates cover letters! Again, write all possible sentences, and select those relevant ones per job post.
CVAssistant helps you free of charge and this software remains for free!
- Flexible master resume
- All resume parts can be added, removed, temporarily hidden, and rearranged
- Export files in Word 2007 file format
- Intelligent resume analyser
- Automatically create a summarized resume based on skills in job advertisement
- You can attach your personal photo to the resume
- You can also create a master cover letter with selectable sentences
- Keep track of your job applications and follow up
- Finally: It's free!
X Window System (X11), Win32 (MS Windows), KDE, Qt
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cvassistant/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.