This is the Windows app named Dance Commander whose latest release can be downloaded as PortableDanceCommanderv0.0.7+example.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Dance Commander with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
A program to help you instruct dances or design your own movements.
This is done by using a "programming" language.
The software contains the most basic commands, other commands can be created by making functions or by downloading separate function packages that will be available later. There is a commando overview available with examples and with extra information about every function.
After you created the dance, you can export images of them as illustration or you can export a video from this dance. You can also map music on your video so your dance will be displayed correctly on the music.
A first example with what you can do can be found here using only this software and the music file:
For more information about updates & the program you can go to the wiki:
Suggestions, critics, new functions or images are also always welcome!
- Create dance descriptions
- View your dance instantly in topview
- Export dance as video with costum music
- Create pictures of a dance for your own dance descriptions
- Create reusable functions
Advanced End Users, Developers, End Users/Desktop, Other Audience
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/dancecommander/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.