This is the Windows app named data2bin whose latest release can be downloaded as data2bin-0.1.5.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named data2bin with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Need to create binary files with data for Your program, game etc.? Tired of using hex-editor and editing the file manually with the risk of structure-mismatches? Too lazy to reedit complete file after changing structure members order or size?
"data2bin" is a utility that takes:
1. Your structures description (you can use integers of different sizes and endiannesses, null-terminated text strings, fixed-size binary strings, structures, arrays...)
2. Your data in a XML file written down according to defined structure.
... and produces final binary file. It is able to pad Your strings with defined padding, check Your integers' sizes, it can fill default values where You didn't supply data, it can also, for example, put a "blank" array member at the end of an array etc.
Whenever You change your structure in Your code, just update the data-description file and "rebuild" Your binary files without touching XML data files!
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/data2bin/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.