This is the Windows app named Denise whose latest release can be downloaded as denise_win64_v1.1.2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Denise with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Denise is a cycle accurate and platform independant c64 / amiga (not yet) emulator.
My motivation for this project is understanding how it works and write clean and easy readable code.
New in Denise are fast loaders such as ProfDOS, PrologicDOS, DolphinDOS, ProSpeed 1571, Turbo Trans and 1571 floppy emulation.
Denise supports REU, GeoRam, EasyFlash, EasyFlash³, Gmod2, Retro Replay, Action Replay, Final Cartridge, Light Guns/Pens, GunStick, Mouse 1351, Mouse Neos, Paddles.
I have added runAhead, PAL and CRT emulation, drag'n'drop and command line support.
Denise consists of 4 main modules.
"guikit", "driver", "emulation" could be used in any other project. "program" links these modules together.
GIT repo: https://bitbucket.org/piciji/denise/src/master/
- cross platform: win 32/64 ( >=Vista ), osx, linux, bsd
- cycle accurate
- Dynamic Rate Control
- PAL, CRT Emulation
- scanline or cycle accurate renderer
Advanced End Users, Developers, End Users/Desktop, Testers
X Window System (X11), OpenGL, Win32 (MS Windows), Cocoa (MacOS X), DirectX, GTK+
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/deniseemu/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.