This is the Windows app named DeSmuME whose latest release can be downloaded as desmume-0.9.13-win64.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named DeSmuME with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
In this version we have added support for high-resolution 3D rendering. Try the new “GPU Scaling Factor” feature to increase the 3D resolution beyond the native resolution of 256×192 pixels. Also, the Cocoa frontend sees continued radical enhancements and while the Windows frontend sees some new incremental enhancements. DeSmuME is a very CPU demanding app. While many users will see DeSmuME as a toy (and use it as such), it is actually a very sophisticated piece of software with lots of features. Also, DeSmuME focuses more on compatibility and features than on speed. Our philosophy is this: You can always mow some extra lawns or babysit some more rugrats to buy upgrades for your computer; but there's nothing you can do to fix compatibility or gain new features. We take care of our side of things, so you should take care of yours. DeSmuME is mostly CPU intensive and less GPU intensive.
- You'll want the fastest CPU possible (not necessarily the one with the most cores) for best performance
- Use a DeSmuME binary that works best for your machine
- Use frame skip
- Extract it to your desktop and run it from there
- From a purely technical standpoint, there are no real minimum requirements
- DeSmuME takes advantage of multiple CPUs/cores
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/desmume.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.