This is the Windows app named Digit Span Tester whose latest release can be downloaded as DigitSpanTester.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Digit Span Tester with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Digit Span Tester
To perform automated digit span tests to evaluate on working memory function, especially in cognitive / neuro research. Hope to reduce practice effects and eliminate the need to use clinical assessments in research settings. Requires Java 7 or newer. Note that this is a research tool, and was not intended (and not evaluated) for clinical assessment.
FINAL VERSION: If you want more features, download the source and hack it yourself.
Apologies to those who've asked for help and got no response -- I lost my password, and wasn't able to log in for years. THIS IS AN OLD PROJECT, started for practice, and can be buggy on some systems; the code is messy and the design may be simplistic in ways.
- Default testing mode for consistant presentation and comaparable results
- Highly customizable custom mode for specialized uses
- Digits forward and backward
- Presents stimuli in auditory, visual, or audiovisual format
- Multiple sequence generation algorithms that prevent "easy" sequences
- Generates stimuli for human presentation
- Saves results or stimuli to text file
- Prints results or stimuli
- May uses log and config files to store settings and back-up data
- Fractional score based on a linear model of where accuracy drops below 50%
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/digitspantester/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.