This is the Windows app named DWeb whose latest release can be downloaded as dweb_1.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named DWeb with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
DWeb is a JQuery based framework used to facilitate the creation of Dialog Based Web Applications (i.e. Like Windows Desktop Applications), The framework is fully designed with JQuery and the dialogs created can be developed using any server side development language (i.e. Java, PHP...etc)
DWeb can be used to migrate the Windows UI usability experience to web applications
You can find demo online: http://adevedo.com/dweb/demo/desktop.xhtml
- JQuery based framework
- Can be integrated with any server side programming language (i.e. PHP, Java...etc)
- Very Lightweight and Simple to be used
- IFrame based to isolate dialogs contents
- Supported in all major browsers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/dwebproj/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.