This is the Windows app named eduActiv8 whose latest release can be downloaded as eduactiv8-4.21.07.win.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named eduActiv8 with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
eduActiv8 is a free Open Source multi-platform educational application that aims to assist in learning various early education topics - from learning the alphabet and new words, colours, time to a wide range of maths-related subjects.
eduActiv8 is a continuation of the development of the pySioGame project just under a new name.
It is being developed on GitHub at: https://github.com/imiolek-ireneusz/eduActiv8 but 'compiled' releases are published here.
The latest version has been partially redesigned to improve usability, but certain activities will still be in the somewhat "prototype quality" - this will be gradually redesigned as time allows.
Currently, it is available for Windows, MacOS, Linux and Android (you may need to allow unknown sources to install it on Android).
Packages for multiple Linux distributions are available from:
- letter flashcards, jumbled ABC, word mazes, sorting letters
- learn to write (best used with touchscreens or drawing tablets)
- maths - counting, basic operations, sorting numbers, fractions, shapes, patterns
- learn colour names
- mazes and puzzles
- clock games
Education, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/eduactiv8/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.