This is the Windows app named EMERGO platform to run in Windows online over Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as emergo_sources_3_0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named EMERGO platform to run in Windows online over Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
EMERGO platform to run in Windows online over Linux online
DESCRIPTION:A generic platform for fast and flexible development and delivery of a wide variety of immersive scenario-based games that enable professional skills acquisition. For further information see http://emergo.ou.nl/emergo/community/EN/emergo.htm. The platform is based on ZK framework (http://www.zkoss.org, ZK ZOL license) and Spring framework (http://www.springsource.org/spring-framework).
- Web-based development and delivery
- User-friendly author environment
- Multiple game roles
- Reusable and adaptable components
- Script component for entering rules, no programming required
- Preview games and game components
- Test games starting from multiple points within the game script
- Import/export games and game components
- Monitor progress of students
- Interfere in a running game
- Immersive player environment
- All student actions are saved
- Embedded streaming video: flv (using jwplayer) and wmv
- Multiple skins for player environment, adding skin is easy
- User management
- Five platform roles
- Run management
- Adding components is rather easy
- Multiple languages
Information Technology, Science/Research, Education, Developers
Other toolkit, XUL
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/emergo/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.