This is the Windows app named Etcher whose latest release can be downloaded as v1.18.11sourcecode.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Etcher with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Etcher is a powerful OS image flasher. It protects a user from accidentally overwriting hard-drives by making drive selection obvious; and with validated flashing there is no more writing images to corrupted drives. It is also called balenaEtcher since it is developed by balena.
In addition, Etcher can flash directly Raspberry Pi devices that support usbboot. Use for .iso and .img files, as well as zipped folders to create live SD cards and USB flash drives.
Written with Electron for cross platform use (windows, macOS, and Linux).
- Validated Flashing
- Beautiful Interface
- Hard Drive Friendly
- Open Source
- Cross Platform
- Burn images to SD
- SD card Burner
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/etcher.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.