This is the Windows app named Excel to Graphviz whose latest release can be downloaded as release_5.1.4.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Excel to Graphviz with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Excel to Graphviz
Free, easy to use, excel tool to create data and process flow diagrams with table data
In separate excel sheets you define items(nodes), lines(edges) and grouping(clusters)
Separate definition of node, edge and cluster styles
Graph settings sheet
Output control sheet
Examples and readme are included in the zip file
Get it working:
-Install graphviz (http://graphviz.org/Download.php)
-Download Excel to Graphviz
-Open one of the ExcelToGraphviz workbooks
-Go to sheet settings and update "dotpath" to where graphviz' dot.exe was installed (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Graphviz2.38\bin\dot.exe)
-Generate the flow diagram with cntrl-M
-Import from older version with cntrl-I
This tool was initially made to show the usefulness of a service registry or service catalog in an enterprise integration environment. Therefore most examples are (anonymized) output of its use with ESB's at various telecom, banking and logistics companies
- All graphviz diagrams (dot, neato, etc.)
- data flow diagrams
- process flow diagrams
- entity relationship diagram (ERD)
- separate sheets for nodes, edges and clusters
- sheets for styles
- sheet for graphviz settings
- sheet for general output settings
- legenda with item, project, datetime, author
- legenda with node,edge,cluster style information
- enterprise service bus (ESB) examples
- api management examples
- BPMN example
- default graphviz examples
- import function for older versions
Education, Telecommunications Industry, Developers, Quality Engineers, Other Audience, Architects
Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/excel-to-graphviz/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.