This is the Windows app named FindAKanji whose latest release can be downloaded as FindAKanji.016b.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named FindAKanji with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
The basic principle behind this program is 'Learning by Doing'. The user is encouraged to extend a database with acquired information about Chinese characters and Japanese Words. This information may turn out useful in the integrated text editor, for both reading and writing.
So there are multiple different uses for this program:
- Learn about Chinese characters. Gain, store and memorize knowledge about specific characters and words.
- Input devices for Chinese (and Japanese) characters. For use without much prior knowledge.
- Working with Japanese text, with powerful help.
Input devices based on visual similarities and pure ASCII readings.
Automatic space insertion before dictionary words and word highlighting.
Compact info display in 'Trading Card' style.
Currently the example database contains over 95.000 readings, including readings for more than 4500 of the most common Kanjis.
A youtube tutorial shows how to extend the database.
- Expandable character database to store information about Chinese characters.
- Expandable dictionary, used for reading and writing.
- Built-in text editor to work with Japanese text.
- Input devices based on either readings or character similarities.
- Simple web-searches for unknown characters or words.
- Automatic space char insertion and dictionary word highlighting in editor.
- Compact info display in trading card style for better memorization.
- Templates may generate grammatical forms of verbs and adjectives
- Youtube Tutorial at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaYldJGaEHCIDQfZLe6Icg
- Persistent Quiz: A Quiz to memorize Readings. Win cards or learn from failures.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/findakanji/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.