This is the Windows app named fNBookForm2 for Mathematica whose latest release can be downloaded as fNBookForm2.1.5.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named fNBookForm2 for Mathematica with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
fNBookForm2 for Mathematica
fNBookForm2 prints a number in Textbook Form with powers abbreviations in place of exponents (default). Output is a compressed dressed form textbooks use for significant figures tables. Easy, quality, comprehensive. booknum reads such.
an important aspect is that the result maintains both accuracy and precision and has rounding control. doing this sometimees requires careful planning (error-prone complicated conversions).
can read them back from textbook (into Mathematica) preservingly
(for historic reasons files were also in https://sourceforge.net/projects/periodictablemm/)
- fNBookForm2 prints a number in a short textbook format without loosing precision
- fNBookForm2 maintains Accuracy, Precision, Rounding choice , +
- fNBookForm formats numbers with scientific abreviations for compactness
- fNBookForm2 width, rounding, showprec, fill, sigzeros, commas, sep
- fNBookForm2Arb suggest prettier form for Arbitrary numbers
- booknum can read/interpret printed booknumbers from book (more loosely than to write them)
- 1.5 is Mathematica 11.0 and 4.0 compatible
- Mathematica 11.0 still does not do well or at all what the pkg does (a special purpose); ie to find a same but more compact representation, to save paper and eyes, or to interpret such a number back from a book
- also useful for seeing/using full numberic info of a number without mm cell formatting
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/fnbookform2formathematica/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.