This is the Windows app named FontForge Windows builds whose latest release can be downloaded as FontForgeSetup-07-11-2020.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named FontForge Windows builds with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
FontForge Windows builds
The aim of this project is to compile up-to-date Windows builds of FontForge.
For 'stable' builds, see https://github.com/fontforge/fontforge/releases
The build system used was based off that offered by Matthew Petroff (http://www.mpetroff.net/software/fontforge-windows/), but has since been practically rewritten.
New in 11/07/2020:
* Synced with the 20201107 release.
New in 06/04/2020:
* Updated to latest master, picks up a clipboard copying fix
New in 14/03/2020:
* Synced with the 20200314 release.
New in 01/03/2020:
* Updated to latest master, now built with CMake. (prerelease)
New in 02/06/2019:
* The 32-bit build now uses Python 3 (3.7) instead of Python 2. No further Python 2 builds will be provided.
* The GDK3 backend is now used. VcXsrv is no longer bundled.
New in 31/07/2017:
* CTRL-C from console no longer interrupts/stops FontForge
- Up-to-date builds of FontForge
X Window System (X11)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/fontforgebuilds/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.