This is the Windows app named Functy whose latest release can be downloaded as functy-0.3.5-win32-bin.msi. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Functy with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Note: The Functy and libsymbolic code has now moved to GitLab:
This project has been left here for archival purposes.
Functy is a 3D graph drawing package. It allows Cartesian, spherical and parametric curve functions to be plotted and altered quickly and easily. This immediacy and the vivid results promote fun exploration of 3D function.
Rendering is performed entirely on the GPU to improve visuals and performance.
Ubuntu functy PPA: https://launchpad.net/~flypig/+archive/ubuntu/ppa
- Render 3D cartesian, polar coordinate and parametric curve functions in real time
- Animate functions using a time variable
- Explore functions by translating, zooming and rotating using the mouse
- All rendered on the GPU using shaders for speed
- Export in PLY, STL and SVX format for 3D modelling and printing
- Export bitmap renders or animations as PNG.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/functy/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.