This is the Windows app named GL Manga Reader whose latest release can be downloaded as GL_Manga_Reader_0.7.0_win_x86_[411A23C7].zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named GL Manga Reader with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
GL Manga Reader
GL Manga Reader is an open source and free software which allows you to read manga and comics on your computer. It is designed to be easy to use. It is written in C++ and based on the OpenGL and QT librairies.
GL Manga Reader is a portable application :
- you do not have to install it
- you can use it from an USB drive on any windows computer
Recomanded configuration to use the hardware acceleration :
- A graphic card (or an APU) whith 256MB
However, it will works even if you don't have a graphic card. In this case, it will use software rendering.
- Display one page, two page or continuous display
- Right to left and left to right page layout
- Portrait and landscape layout
- Remember the previous session
- Fullscreen mode (get rid of the toolbar)
- Many keyboard shortcuts
- High quality zoom
- Open files and directories (recursively) by drag and drop
- Clever file sort
- UTF-8 file name support (ex: japanese characters)
- Full documentation (english)
- GL Manga Reader is a portable application
- Supported images types : bmp, gif, ico, jpeg, jpg, mng, pbm, pgm, png, ppm, svg, svgz, tga, tif, tiff, xbm, xpm
- Supported archives types : zip, rar, cbz, cbr, jar
- LRU cache (Least Recently Used)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/glmangareader/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.