This is the Windows app named HistogramsApp whose latest release can be downloaded as HistogramsAppSetup_V1.6.rar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named HistogramsApp with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
HistogramsApp is a Python 3.6 application that generates (KDE and PDP) from geochronological data .HistogramsApp allows to interactively setup plot parameters such as the bandwidth and the peak detection sensibility.
To cite the application please refer to:
Rodriguez-Corcho, A. F., Rojas-Agramonte, Y., Barrera-Gonzalez, J. A., Marroquin-Gomez, M. P., Bonilla-Correa, S., Izquierdo-Camacho, D., ... & Montes, C. (2021). The Colombian geochronological database (CGD). International Geology Review, 1-35.
And the Zenodo repository where the source code is available:
2) Rodriguez Corcho (2021). andresrcorcho/CGD_HistogramsApp: HistogramsApp_1.5 (1.5). Zenodo. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.5171646
- Load/save multiple datasets containing geochronological data
- Allow uses to save their sessions for further use and to integrate large datasets (>100.000 records)
- Easy exportation of publication quality figures in PDF and PNG formats
- Exported PDF files can be easily edited in vector processing software (Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, Coreldraw)
- Automatic peak detection and improved layout of peaks labels
- Capability to select the bandwidth, and plot parameters as size of text, number of ticks, plotting interval, etc
- Include UGS time scale chart colors
- Cross-platform and easily installable in Windows and Mac without previous requirements
Win32 (MS Windows), Carbon (Mac OS X)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/histogramsapp/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.