This is the Windows app named hosts whose latest release can be downloaded as Release3.14.19sourcecode.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named hosts with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Consolidating and extending hosts files from several well-curated sources. You can optionally pick extensions to block pornography, social media, and other categories. The unified hosts file is optionally extensible. Extensions are used to include domains by category. Currently, we offer the following categories: fakenews, social, gambling, and porn. Extensions are optional, and can be combined in various ways with the base hosts file. The combined products are stored in the alternates folder. Data for extensions are stored in the extensions folder. You manage extensions by curating this folder tree, where you will find the data for fakenews, social, gambling, and porn extension data that we maintain and provide for you. Create an optional blacklist file. The contents of this file (containing a listing of additional domains in hosts file format) are appended to the unified hosts file during the update process. A sample blacklist is included, and may be modified as you need.
- Pick extensions to block pornography, social media, and other categories
- The unified hosts file is optionally extensible
- Extensions are used to include domains by category
- The combined products are stored in the alternates folder
- You manage extensions by curating this folder tree
- Create an optional blacklist file
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/hosts.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.