This is the Windows app named HTTP Test Tool whose latest release can be downloaded as httest-2.4.24.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named HTTP Test Tool with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
HTTP Test Tool
httest is a script based tool for testing and benchmarking web applications, web servers, proxy servers and web browsers. httest can emulate clients and servers in the same test script, very useful for testing proxys.
- HTTP server client simulation
- SSL support
- IPv6 support
- Request/response validation
- Cut and paste from request/response
- Execute shell commands and use output in HTTP stream
- url and html encode/decode support
- charset translation support
- Lua scripting engine
- Full ICAP support
- Websocket support
- XPath support (for HTML and XML)
- NTLM authentication tool
- SOCKS support
- Simple SMTP support
- Simple POP3 support
- Distributed load test support
- Test milestone definition
- Pentest script for file, sql and xss attacks
- Load shared libs for frontend and backend mockup
- HTTP/2.0 client support
Developers, Quality Engineers, Testers, Security Professionals
Unix Shell, Perl, C, Lua
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/htt/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.