This is the Windows app named Hypernomicon whose latest release can be downloaded as Hypernomicon_linux_1_21_1.sh. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Hypernomicon with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Hypernomicon is a personal productivity/database application for researchers that combines structured note-taking, mind-mapping, management of files (e.g., PDFs) and folders, and reference management into an integrated environment that organizes all of the above into semantic networks or hierarchies in terms of debates, positions, arguments, labels, terminology/concepts, and user-defined keywords by means of database relations and automatically generated hyperlinks (hence ‘Hyper’ in the name).
Hypernomicon keeps track of all these things in a highly structured, thoroughly indexed and user friendly relational database, automatically generates semantic hyperlinks between all of them, and presents this information in many different forms so that you are constantly informed of ways all of your information is related that you had not realized.
- PDF management
- File and folder management
- Note-taking and organizing
- Combines relational database features with hyperlink-based indexing
- Built-in PDF viewer
- Associate multiple works with single PDFs
- Associate multiple PDFs with single works
- Integrates with Zotero and Mendeley for reference management
- Access your database across multiple computers
- Cross-platform (Windows, Mac, and Linux)
- Free and open-source
- Created by an academic philosophy PhD
Science/Research, Education, End Users/Desktop
XML-based, Other file-based DBMS
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/hypernomicon/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.