This is the Windows app named Informative git prompt for bash and fish whose latest release can be downloaded as Release2.7.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Informative git prompt for bash and fish with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Informative git prompt for bash and fish
This prompt is a port of the "Informative git prompt for zsh". A bash prompt that displays information about the current git repository. In particular the branch name, difference with remote branch, number of files staged, changed, etc. The advantage of this approach is, that you only need to specify the parts, that are different to the Default theme. You can set the GIT_PROMPT_SHOW_UNTRACKED_FILES variable to no or normal to speed things up if you have lots of untracked files in your repository. This can be the case for build systems that put their build artifacts in the subdirectory structure of the git repository. Setting it to all will count all untracked files, including files listed in .gitignore. The most settings are now stored in theme files. To select a theme, set the variable GIT_PROMPT_THEME to the name of the theme located in <INSTALLDIR>/themes without the extension .bgptheme.
- You can tweak your prompt
- This project ships an RPM spec to simplify installation on RHEL and clones
- This prompt is a port of the "Informative git prompt for zsh"
- A bash prompt that displays information about the current git repository
- In particular the branch name, difference with remote branch, number of files staged, changed, etc.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/info-git-bash-and-fish.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.