This is the Windows app named IRBS - Institutional Registers Backup whose latest release can be downloaded as IRBS-PACKAGES-VERSION-1.0-FOR-XP-2003-AND-BELOW.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named IRBS - Institutional Registers Backup with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
IRBS - Institutional Registers Backup
If you are looking for a way to backup your numerous paper based registers, i.e. Admissions / Withdrawals, Fees, Attendance & Exam Mark Registers of Schools, Junior / Senior Colleges, then this software will help you. Designed with goals of Simplicity & packaged with all necessary open source tools to get you into action, straightaway.
Just click "Browse All Files" & download appr'ate zip file in Rel_1 folder, extract it to a Disk Partition, with lots of free space, & double-click "START IRBS" file to start system. It opens up 2 browser screens with login prompt, to help you make parallel entry into system, i.e. to maintain listbox refer. data first & also your registers data next.
3 users created - operator, refsmanager & usermanager, for doing reg. entry, listbox data entry & pass. change / create many org. opers. resp'ly. password: i1r2b3s4 inet conn. not reqd ! Refer: http://irbsystem.blogspot.in/
Credits to mApache, PostgreSQL, PHP & K-Meleon for powering this system.
- Very Easy to install and operate
- Can operate from multiple computers too for more data entry. Just Copy IRBS-CLIENT Folder and the "START CLIENT ONLY" File To Other Local LAN PCs, after First Time Servers Start
- Starting and stopping the system is just a double-click activity
- Automatic maintenance and tuning of the database, on stopping the system, within few minutes
- Automatic backups to all connected drives, both hard drives and usb drives, with rotation of the backup folder after a week. This happens on stopping the system, within a few minutes. The Application drive is excluded from keeping backups to avoid clutter.
- Can create and maintain multi-institution operators and their data entry, isolatedly, on the same system
- Except for a few descriptive data fields, most data is selection based, i.e. from list boxes, maintained by the refsmanager login, for higher accuracy and speed
- Photos and Scanned documents can be maintained for each student on the system. Can use the same photo for both stamp and full size. if photos are not getting displayed, then click Replace while uploading.
- Can pull all the data out in spreadsheet format, for numerous analysis of input data. Just double clicking the Fetch Data script inside pgsql subfolder, will generate all CSV data ( inside the FetchedData subfolder )
- Some data fields not applicable / not available to you, can be left blank and saved. No compulsion forced by the system anywhere.
- Only rule that maintains uniqueness of data in listboxes, thereby avoiding duplicates and clutter, will be seen in the refsmanager login. Error messages will be shown if duplicating data is attempted. The last few words of the error messages indicate the cause of the error.
- If you need to maintain additional data about students, you can use the 4 Extra Note Fields and the Remarks field
- System can be entirely operated with keyboard itself for faster data entry. Use Tab key for navigation, Alt + Down Arrow keys for opening listboxes, with arrow keys / enter key for selection in them, Space key for ticking checkboxes and also clicking Save / Other buttons
- Passwords in the system are displayed and also converted to md5 encryption immediately upon change, for tighter security
- Timezone can be set to your region by editing it in php.ini file, present inside the IRBS-PACKAGES/IRBS-SERVER/mapache folder and restart servers to take effect. Valid choices are listed on the website : http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php
- Use F11 key to toggle between Full screen / Normal screen work
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/irbsystem/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.