This is the Windows app named jdbc4sapnw whose latest release can be downloaded as jdbc4sapnw-0.150610-alpha.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named jdbc4sapnw with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
jdbc4sapnw is a read-only jdbc driver for SAP NetWeaver ABAP stack systems.
The driver uses the SAP Java Connector 3 (sapjco3) middleware to call the SAP system.
There are no extensions required at the SAP systems by default. Only available remote functions will be used to extract data from sap (RFC technology). A valid SAP user is required for logon.
The major goal for this project is to provide SAP data to other java based tools in a direct way (e.g. DB Visualizer, KNIME,...). The driver can be used for free for all non commercial projects and solutions. For commercial use please contact the autor.
The current state for the project is alpha and "standby". Because the current access is not usable for productive systems a plugin at the SAP side will be required. This was not the goal of the project. But there are some ideas...
- data extraction
Advanced End Users, Developers, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/jdbc4sapnw/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.