This is the Windows app named Kactus2 whose latest release can be downloaded as Kactus2SetupWin64bit3.9.168.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Kactus2 with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Kactus2 is a toolset for IP-XACT based SoC design and provides packaging, integration and configuration of HW and SW components, plus register design and HDL import and generation.
The source code is hosted at https://github.com/kactus2/kactus2dev.
An example IP library is available at https://github.com/kactus2/ipxactexamplelib
Video tutorials are available at https://www.youtube.com/user/Kactus2Tutorial
Issue tracker is available at https://github.com/kactus2/kactus2dev/issues
For publications, kindly use this reference:
Antti Kamppi, Joni-Matti Määttä, Lauri Matilainen, Timo D. Hämäläinen, Mikko Teuho, Juho Järvinen, Esko Pekkarinen, Janne Virtanen
- Import your existing IPs as IP-XACT components
- Create new IP-XACT components and generate their HDL module headers
- Reuse IP-XACT files from any standard compatible vendor
- Reuse the IPs in your designs and connect them with wires and buses
- Create multilevel hierarchies, where a design has multiple sub-designs
- Configure component instances in designs, including the sub-designs
- Use generator plugins to create HDL with wiring and parameterization
- Use memory designer to preview memory maps and address spaces in your hierarchy
- Package software to IP-XACT components and map them to hardware
- Generate makefiles that build executables with rules defined in IP-XACT components
Information Technology, Science/Research, Engineering
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/kactus2/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.