This is the Windows app named KAREL 3D whose latest release can be downloaded as KAREL-3D_v13.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named KAREL 3D with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
This is learning programming language for children Karel-3D. By words from LightBot: "Get kids hooked on coding with minutes!"
Created by Karel 3D from the 8-bit microcomputer PMD 85-2 in 1986. His later version of Karel the Robot in 3D, created first in the Slovak Republic.
ZIP Contains examples in TXT file.
More pictures and examples is here at Wiki. Wiki include ZIP with scan of original historical manuals in Slovak language from years 1987 - 1990
Today exist some variants (not mine) like: LightBot or Swift Playgrounds on tablets. Karel 3D from Version 8 is different from other Karels, can bulid a Bridges.
WebGL version: https://sourceforge.net/projects/karel-3d-webgl/
C++ version: https://sourceforge.net/projects/karel-3d-cpp/
- Auto translation between languages (Slovak - English - Spanish - German)
- Full Recursion support ( The program calls himself )
- v2: Optimizing performance and code
- v3: Added new commad, examples and some code repair
- v4: Added Spanish, Translator correcion, Command STOP: repair
- v5: New command and object: WALL, New condition: PIT, Updated graphics, Optimized code, If browser support: Autosave/load commands and room (Everything remembers); Manual LOAD, SAVE all commands into file
- v6: New command: NORTH; Added German language
- v7: DO TIMES Bug repair after Jump; Added option to enter a number after a command, Example: WALK 10 or <mine-command> 4
- v8: New object, command and condition BRIDGE With physically correct behavior
- v9: Empty command or STOP or BREAK from dialog, break actual running program. ( This was necessary after optimizing the code )
- v10: Can write notes after symbol // and new command FASTER. Deutsch language revision 2
- v11: Boost speed optimize for FAST and FASTER commands, Bug repair, Translator auto indent text
- v12: Repaired bug, bridge detection on top
- v13b: Shadow under bridge; an executable alternative version of JAVA V8 .jar without a separate HTML file (Important: New JAVA V11 not support webEngine or FX)
- v13.1: Add keys for Direct control and compatibility update for EDGE
Non-Profit Organizations, Education, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/karel-3d/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.