This is the Windows app named KAREL 3D WebGL to run in Windows online over Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as Karel-3DGLv9.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named KAREL 3D WebGL to run in Windows online over Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
KAREL 3D WebGL to run in Windows online over Linux online
is a children's programming language for teaching algorithms.
This is later variant from Karel the Robot in 3D,
created in 1986 for 8bit microcomputer PMD 85-2.
Support full recursion, create new commands,
complex commands with condition from dialog
and direct control with keys, language translation.
Objects: brick, wall, mark, fence.
Check out the Wiki (here) for more examples and pictures. Include ZIP with original historical manuals in Slovak language from years 1987 - 1990
After download and unzip, runable (run html file) without installation in internet browser.
Tested in EDGE and Chrome.
Version without WebGL, and just as one file (+ include examples in text file):
C++ version: https://sourceforge.net/projects/karel-3d-cpp/
- Direct control Robot Karel by predefined Keys in 3D space
- Command control from Dialog with complex conditions
- Create new commands in Command window
- Support full recursion (calls himself new command)
- Can write notes after symbols //
- Compatible with KAREL 3D (earlier version without WebGL)
- Wall logic, according to the original version of 1986
- Auto-Translation between language code
- Update Vers 4: repair fall logic and small speed optimize
- v5: Deutsch language revision 2, Add Counter
- v6.1: New object FENCE, Program code update, Some words revision, more counters, (FENCE repaired)
- v7: Boost speed for FAST command, enhanced performance for FASTER command
- v8: Room 2 - Load, Room 3 - Save room from/to edit window
- v8.1: Repaired bug brick detection before room wall; v8.2: speed optimize in slow command for better examples
- v9: Repair: Room and Translation for Room: and (dot), Add: example
Education, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/karel-3d-webgl/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.