This is the Windows app named Linguistic Tree Constructor whose latest release can be downloaded as ltc-3.2.0.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Linguistic Tree Constructor with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Linguistic Tree Constructor
Linguistic Tree Constructor (LTC) is a tool for drawing lingusitic syntax trees of already-existing text.
It is a syntax editor, not a text editor, so the text has to exist already. It is best suited for large-scale, rapid creation of hand-annotated treebanks.
The user can define their own node categories, and can label each node with labels, also definable by the user. LTC supports "generic", X-Bar and RRG trees.
Supports interlinear texts in SIL SFM format.
- Supports rapid drawing of syntax trees
- Works with existing text -- not a text editor, but a syntax editor
- X-Bar syntax supported "natively"
- Supports "generic" trees, with user-defined labels
- The LSC projection of Role and Reference Grammar (RRG) is supported
- Exports to High-DPI syntax tree images for print publications (300+ DPI)
- Exports to low-DPI syntax tree images for web publications
- Supports user-configurable interlinear text (e.g., text + pos tag + lemma for each word)
Science/Research, Education, Developers, End Users/Desktop
Win32 (MS Windows), Eclipse, wxWidgets, Carbon (Mac OS X)
Prolog, C++, Java
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/ltc/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.