This is the Windows app named Magit whose latest release can be downloaded as v3.3.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Magit with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Magit is a complete text-based user interface to Git. It fills the glaring gap between the Git command-line interface and various GUIs, letting you perform trivial as well as elaborate version control tasks with just a couple of mnemonic key presses. Magit looks like a prettified version of what you get after running a few Git commands but in Magit every bit of visible information is also actionable to an extent that goes far beyond what any Git GUI provides and it takes care of automatically refreshing this output when it becomes outdated. In the background Magit just runs Git commands and if you wish you can see what exactly is being run, making it possible for you to learn the git command-line by using Magit. Using Magit for a while will make you a more effective version control user. Magit supports and streamlines the use of Git features that most users and developers of other Git clients apparently thought could not be reasonably mapped to a non-command-line interface.
- Magit is both faster and more intuitive than either the command line or any GUI
- For both Git beginners and experts alike
- Allows even experienced Git users to perform almost all of their daily version control tasks
- Only Magit and Git itself deserve to be called porcelains
- Using Magit for a while will make you a more effective version control user
- Magit supports and streamlines the use of Git features
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/magit.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.