This is the Windows app named MandelbrotExplorer whose latest release can be downloaded as Source_MB.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named MandelbrotExplorer with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
This project is a C++ program to calculate and represent graphically the Mandelbrot fractal set, and/or the corresponding Julia sets, according to the seed Z0 given by the user as input.
The user disposes of a graphical interface to control the program and modify conveniently some parameters, like the XY-scales, the XY map area, the Julia seed for the complex series
iteration of Z(n+1)=Z(n)^2+a, being Z(0)=(X0,Y0) the seed, and
"a in XY" the points to be calculated.
The user can enter (among other parameters) the desired convergence-radius R for the series, and/or the number of maximal iterations N for the generator-equation in Z.
- 3 available graphics resolution: Full screen, 1200x700, 800x600
- The user can enter arbitrary Julia seeds Z0.
- The user can enter the area-range XY to map
- Choose the desired convergence-radius R
- Enter the maximal number of iterations N
- Save the graphical figure of the Mandelbrot, or Julia set
- Save the data (x,y,p) being P the convergence-probability of the points (x,y) of the Mandelbrot, or Julia set
Science/Research, Education, Developers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mandelbrotexplorer/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.