This is the Windows app named Mara CMS whose latest release can be downloaded as MaraCMS75.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Mara CMS with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Mara CMS is a file based content management system.
Mara offers the kind of helpful features you would expect to find in the big commercial products, but in a more concise form. This makes it remarkably easy to use, even for the inexperienced content creator.
Features include direct editing of the actual webpage so you see your changes as you type, drag and drop photo and video content addition, easy YouTube video linking, a photo gallery that can also double as a presentation or lecture slideshow, a secure contact form, rollback of changes, plus much more.
For the experienced Web developer, Mara's use of industry standard HTML5 and CSS3 instead of proprietary markup or database structures makes for a shallower learning curve. If you already understand the fundamentals of webpage creation you can get productive really quickly.
Open source, unrestricted, and free to use. Coders are welcome to contribute themes or plugins to the project.
- Drag and drop of most content types
- True WYSIWYG editor
- Ideal for modern responsive layouts
- -or for more traditional styles
- Cascading top or side menus
- Galleries, image zoom and slideshows
- Contact form with robot protection
- See your text as it will look, right as you type
- Versioning and edit rollback
- Custom themes no problem, and no rocket science
- HTML5 (webm) and YouTube video embedding
- You have a copy of the files? OK, you have a backup. No worries.
- NOT a 'website builder' - Instead, a proper website that's easy to update
- Suits the majority of Web hosting accounts.
- A portable app, easy to migrate
- HTTP or HTTPS, no problem and minimal changes.
Advanced End Users, System Administrators, Developers, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/maracms/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.