This is the Windows app named Meson Player whose latest release can be downloaded as mesonplayer-v0.6-src.7z. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Meson Player with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Meson Player is a very convenient music player if you don't need any GUI to control playback or manage playlists. You just run it and then forget about it. The player is running in background. Switching tracks, volume control, loading and saving playlists, all of this performed by using hotkeys. Therefore, you can control the player while working in any application.
Meson Player supports a lot of music file formats (stream and tracker), Internet radio and playlists management.
- Windows 10 64-bit (1909 build)
- OSX 10.15 Catalina
- Kubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine 64-bit
- No GUI (except a tray popup menu, but you can hide the tray icon as well)
- Controlled by global hotkeys
- Lots of supported lossy/lossless/tracker music formats
- Gapless playback
- Can play Internet radio
- Supports CUE sheets and playlists
- Can control system audio volume
- Can remove tracks to Trash
- A big variety of options allows to change the app's behavior and appearance
- Last.FM scrobbling
Advanced End Users, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mesonplayer/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.