This is the Windows app named metaf2xml whose latest release can be downloaded as metaf2xml-2.7.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named metaf2xml with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
metaf2xml can download, parse and decode aviation routine weather reports (METAR, SPECI, SAO), aerodrome forecasts (TAF), synoptic observations (SYNOP), observations from buoys (BUOY) and meteorological reports from aircrafts (AMDAR). Data can also be taken from decoded BUFR messages. The extracted data can be written as XML or passed to a user-defined function (all done in Perl).
It also provides XSLT style sheets to convert the XML to plain language (text, HTML), or XML with different schemas. A web-based (CGI) user interface can be used to download and display up-to-date weather data from NOAA, Ogimet, and other sources.
- gain as much information as possible from a message without interpreting parts of it wrongly
- write message contents as XML, no parsing of items in the XML file should be necessary
- provide XSLT to transform XML to plain language, as HTML or text
- provide text-based and graphical web interface, and command line interface
Aerospace, End Users/Desktop
Perl, XSL (XSLT/XPath/XSL-FO)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/metaf2xml/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.