This is the Windows app named misc genomics tools whose latest release can be downloaded as misc_genomics_tools_v0.2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named misc genomics tools with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
misc genomics tools
This is a collection of various programs developed in the course of a genomics project, involving the Pseudomonas strain NCIMB10586
* identifying and correcting errors in an (eg) pacbio genome sequence using illumina reads
* prokaryotic sequence/genome annotation
* RNAseq analysis - normalisation and collation of multiple samples as a group
* RNAseq visualisation
All scripts are provided on a 'best efforts' basis, however due to various system changes I do not guarantee that all files are the version used in the analysis.
Also, please be aware that these were very much developed with expediency in mind - that is, the process was expected to be performed in its final form once; little care was given to optimising runtime or chaining scripts together, and sometimes external resources are accessed manually.
- Genome sequence error correction
- Prokaryotic sequence annotation
- RNAseq normalisation of multiple samples as a group
- RNAseq sample series/time-course visualisation
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/misc-genomics-tools/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.